This is one of the practice looks I did before going to a client's house. For a makeup artist like me, I prefer to not only be organized and methodical but also sometimes I practice certain makeup looks before hand so that I can gauge the intensity of the makeup that has to be done.
I have done a the products used section HERE and now I shall be doing step by step method on how to achieve this dreamy smokey look..........
- Begin by priming the eyes with LORAC's Behind the Scenes Eyeshadow primer. Its an important step to keep your eyeshadows secure and stay put for longer time so that the oils on the lids and in the vicinity do not melt them and crease them.
- On the entire lid, I applied Chanel's Stylo eyeshadow in Black Stream as a base nearest to the lash line and upto the crease. With a MAC 217 brush I blended and softened the edges to create a smokey halo. I applied the same color on the lower lids and smoked it out with a Shiseido Small Eyeshadow brush for a smokey haze.
- To darken the lash line even further, I traced the upper lash line and the inner rims of lower lids with Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Pencil in Onyx. Then with a smudging brush I smudged the pencil to a blackish smokiness yet making the lashline appearing darker and intense. This is done by blending at the lash roots in tiny circular motions
- From the Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette (sorry for the picture of Vice Palette instead)
- Apply Rewind in the crease and gently blend it towards the brow bone. This is a transition shade that creates a smoother gradation between the highlight and the darker shades.
- Highlight the brow bone area with X-rated to uplift the brow bone and make the eyes look a bit larger than their actual shape.
- On the inner and outer thirds of the upper lid apply Lovesick eyeshadow. Pack it with a flat eyeshadow brush like the one from Urban Decay Vice 2 palette itself. Its important to concentrate the color and darkness on the inner and outer corners. Apply as a thin line in the crease as well to create a cut-crease.
- In the crease apply and blend Smokeout into the Rewind eyeshadow with a dome shaped crease blending brush.
- On the lower lids, apply Poison and smoke out the black into an opium den smokey eye.
- On the centre of the lid, apply Voodoo. I prefer using finger tips as that is an extremely shimmery and smoldering purple that looks excellent when pressed on the eye lids.
- I love to add a 3 D effect to the eye, which is why I applied Betrayal on the centre of the lid, in the inner corners and on the middle of the lower lids.
- Just to intensify the brightness, apply Shellshock in the inner corners. The silvery white eyeshadow creates an amazingly mesmerized effect.
- To accentuate the brow bone even more and to create a lifted effect for the brow, apply Dope in under the arch of the brow.
- Curl the lashes with Shiseido Eye lash curler.
- Then apply 3-4 coats of Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara in Black to create the ultimate smoldering black lashes. I prefer them to be clumpy and spidery but its a personal choice.
- Comb, tame and groom the brows with Shiseido brow brush and Elizabeth Arden Brow powder in Brunette.
These eyes look amazing and would adorn your face for any evening occasion. The super smokey eye not only looks sultry but is very easy to pull of as long as there is perfect amount of blending and no harsh lines seen.
Hope you liked the look. Do let me know in the comments.
Thanks a lot....