These were 2 trial looks that I was practicing and they came out to be incredibly beautiful, beautiful enough to be blogged and shared. Unfortunately I was not able to shoot the tutorial (since I was trying this look for a client's makeup the next day) but I shall share on how I created it.
Basically its the same eye makeup for this and the subsequent post that shall follow. Its the glitters that completely transform the look and thence the name. For GOLD TREASURE, I was inspired by the treasure chests in Pirate movies. The gold coins scintillating from these treasure chests look so bright when light falls on them and that's what happens in this look.
So lets see how to achieve this look in some easy steps..........
Prep the skin with your favorite moisturizer like La Prairie Advanced Marine Biology Emulsion and your favorite primer Chanel Base Lumiere Illuminating Makeup Base. Begin with your favorite foundation like Guerlain Tenue De Perfection mixed with a tinge of YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat to create a lovely glow. Apply Dior Glow Maximizer Illuminating makeup primer on the areas of the face where you want to catch light. Conceal under the eyes with Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place concealer to wipe away any under eye darkness and bright light in the under eye area to remove signs of tiredness. Then seal the deal with a minuscule dusting of your favorite loose powder like Guerlain Les Violettes Loose Powder.
I prefer earth tones with gold. Thence use your favorite cream blush like Chanel Creme Blush de Chanel in Destiny on the cheeks to create a beautiful earth blush. Apply Translucent Powder and then opt for your favorite powder blush like Chanel Joues Contraste in Orchid Rose or Accent to make stay and last longer. Contour the cheeks with your favorite bronzer/contouring powder like Guerlain 4 Seasons Bronzer in Brunette and highlight with your favorite highlighter like Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in 24 Karat.
The lipstick choice for such dramatic looks is really broad and wide. I personally love lipsticks like MAC Kinda Sexy or Guerlain Galia. But a deep wine color like Guerlain Rouge G in Gigolo OR a classic red like MAC Ruby Woo or Russian Red would look amazing too.
- Prep the eyes with your favorite eyeshadow primer like Too Faced Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer to keep everything in place.
- Trace the upper lash line, lower lash line, inner rims of upper and lower lids and the outer corners and crease with Elizabeth Arden Smokey eyes pencil in Smokey Black.
- Blend the lines with a pencil brush and start framing the eyes with doses of black eyeshadow. I used the black from LORAC PRO eyeshadow palette on all the areas where the pencil was traced.
- For the entire makeup I used the color from the Tom Ford Cognac Sable Eyeshadow Quad. The deep brown went in the outer corners, crease and lower lids. The coppery brown eyeshadow was applied on the lids and blended into the deeper colors. The golden beige was used as an inner corner highlighter and under the brow bone.
- The brows were tamed, filled and framed with Elizabeth Arden Brow powder in Brunette. The lashes were curled with Charlotte Tilbury Life Changing lashes Eye lash curler and apply dollops of LORAC Pro mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
- Apply Uroparis False lashes no.53 using DUO eye lash glue. To hide the lash line and create a mesmeric eye liner for that perfect feline eyes, apply LORAC PRO Gel liner on the upper and lower lids with a Real Techniques Fine liner brush. Wing and flick in the inner and outer corners to get that beautiful almond shaped eyes.
GOLD TREASURE EFFECT
Apply Inglot's Duraline as a thin layer on the coppery brown eyeshadow on the inner corners and the centre of the lid. Then with a damp finger apply MAC Glitter in Gold on the entire lid. There would be tremendous fall outs and they can only be cleared with a dusting of a fan brush and then some cellotape to pick the fall outs. Apply some Gold glitter in the inner corners of eyes to make them look even more dramatic. In camera flash the glitter shines amazingly and to achieve this 3 D effect, apply 2-3 layer of glitter and bear the fall outs. Trace the eye line if required and voila!!
Hope you liked this quick tutorial. Its a very simple look to achieve and one must remember to retain the identities of the colors that have been used to achieve the sultry effect of this look. Do let me know in the comments.
Thanks a lot!!!