Pop Art Culture was inspired by Andy Warhol, a painter with vivid imagination and bright colors. Using just a single color which is intensely bright like a FUCHSIA pearl would be the most amazing thing to do. Its a 'modern' punk in its own way. The look is so versatile that it can transit from a demure monochromatic makeup (which I have done here) to a high impact electric makeup using brights (Urban Decay Electric Palette is calling).
I have talked about the Products Used for this look on Beauty Traveller. Do click HERE to find the details. Lets see, how to achieve this Fuchsia Monochromatic look inspired by Pop Art.
- Moisturize the face with your favorite moisturizer like Shiseido's Ibuki Refining Moisturizer. It is light weight, oil free and brightening and imparts a healthy glow on the face.
- Prime the skin to prepare it for other products which shall adhere better to the primer and last longer. I love my Laura Mercier one as it is oil free and very very light weight.
- Apply your favorite foundation. I love Dior Flawless Perfection Fusion wear foundation as it allows the skin to breathe even after giving a medium to full coverage when the foundation is built in layers.
- Its very important to choose your favorite under eye concealer that does not budge as long as its on the skin. Thence I love the Estee Lauder Double wear stay in place concealer. Its light weight, incredibly blendable and does not move when set with powder.
- My favorite powder is the Ultraflesh Ninja Moisturizing Powder that can be used dry for a full coverage or wet to control and sheer it out. This is a product worth trying. With a fluffy powder brush, set the foundation and concealer and then apply a little extra in the under eye are to catch any fallouts.
- Its very important to prime the eyes before doing the eye makeup especially if you are using bright eyeshadows. I tend to double prime to get the most intensity out of the product. The UDPP goes first followed by a thin layer of Guerlain Ombre Eclats eyeshadow primer which makes the eyeshadows adhere better and literally pop on the eyes.
- To apply the MAC Fuchsia pigment on the eyes, use a flat brush that helps to pack the product. MAC 239 maybe your best bet but I used the dual ended brush that I got in my Urban Decay Vice 2 palette. Its simply fantastic as the flat side can be used to layer the product and the dome side can be used to blend the eyeshadow in the crease.
- Its ideal to apply a bit of liner for definition and I chose Stila's Ladyfish so that it defines without intruding into the color. A black may be ideal if you want a 'punk' look (I shall be doing a tutorial on that soon).
- Curling the lashes helps the eyes look wide awake and my Charlotte Tilbury Eye lash curlers to a wonderful job. I used the LORAC Pro Mascara to add the right amount of volume, curl and length.
- For the lips, I chose MAC Lipstick in Pink Plaid + Please Me and apply it as a stain. Which translates to sheering out and blending the lipstick in layers. For a pop of color and to compliment the eyes, Lancome's Lip lover lip gloss is perfect. Its sheer translucency with a soft balmy feel on the lips.
Its so easy to achieve this look! Literally in 10 steps. Do try it out and do not forget to share your pictures. Do let me know in the comments.
Thanks a lot.