Saturday, May 3, 2014

Photography Makeup : The Hollywood Starlet - Makeup Breakdown

 I must thank Alina and Kunal for this awesome experience. It was a small shoot for a reputed magazine and a lot of fun too...I have shared my products list over HERE. Lets see how to achieve this look.....Please remember that this picture is not very clear as I took it in dim yellow lights with my Blackberry Q10 phone and edited with www.picmonkey.com


 This look is a perfect evening wear look and is quite bedazzling. The glitters sizzle and glimmer in the evening lights and the feline flick just oozes sensuality. Its advisable to keep the rest of makeup in a neutral peachy tones so that it balances the amazing intense dark smokey glittery eyes.

So lets have a look on how to achieve this makeup look.........





FACE

Prepping

  • I cleaned Alina's face with Johnson and Johnson Baby Wipes to start with a fresh start.
  • Then I swiped Clarins White Plus Aqua Lotion with a cotton pad on the entire face to remove impurities, dirt and dead skin debris.
  • Then I massaged a lavish amount of Lakme Skin Gloss Gel Moisturizer on her face. This moisturizer is amazingly light weight and has a very cooling sensation while it lightly moisturizes the skin. The glacial water helps creating a glossy effect on the face.
  • To enhance the complexion, I applied Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector on the face to enhance the glow.
  • To create a bridge between skin care and makeup and to keep the makeup long lasting and to survive the shoot I primed the face with Estee Lauder Mattifying Primer.
Base
  • After priming the face, I took 2 pumps of Makeup Forever Foundation in #123 on a Kryolan Metallic Mixing Plate. I mixed a dot of Kryolan Ultra Foundation in OB3 in the foundation to thicken the consistency.
  • I applied the foundation on the entire face with Real Techniques Foundation brush and Pointed foundation brush. Then I blended the entire foundation seamlessly with The Body Shop blush brush to create an almost air brushed finish.
  • For concealing I mixed NC35 and NC42 shades of MAC Pro Longwear concealer and then applied it in the key areas of concealing and areas that need coverage. Which means under eyes, around the sides of the nose, temples and around the mouth and lip area.
  • I sealed the makeup with a minuscule dusting of Kryolan Translucent Powder in TL4. This yellow powder helps balance any greys in the foundation and also sets the makeup beautifully.
Cheeks
  • I contourws the face with a mixture of Benefit Hoola Bronzer and MAC powder blush in Emote. Contouring helps bring out the highlighted features and sculpts the face beautifully. I contoured the following areas - Under the cheek bones, under the jaw bones, on the sides of the forehead, on the hair line and the bridge of the nose.
  • Then I highlighted the protruding areas of the face with Shiseido Multi shade enhancers in S1. This adds light and glow to the skin and makes it the skin look seamlessly beautifully and luxuriously velvety.
  • To add a flush to the cheeks I applied Clinique Blushing Blush in Innocent peach. To balance the orangey peach tone I applied a brown beige blush from Calvin Klein called Foolish.
EYES
  • To make the eye shadows long lasting and much more effective and full impact, I primed Alina's eye lids with MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork.
  • This eye makeup was inspired by the feline flick designed by the world renowned makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury. She has the most unique way of creating hypnotic cat like eyes. This is also the best way to give a non-surgical lift to the eyes and face.
  • With Miss Claire One Stroke Eye liner Pencil, trace the lash line very thinly till the 2/3rd of the upper lid and then dramatically wing it outwards by lifting the liner. Fill in the small isosceles triangle that is created with the eye liner pencil. Then from the outer corner of the lower lid join the eye liner. I also perfected the line and made it sharper with cotton bud dipped in moisturizer and then cleaned the area with a concealer.
  • On the entire half of the lid and the crease, I applied Maybelline gel liner with a dome shaped Kryolan eyeshadow brush in a diagonal fashion (if that makes any sense to you) and diffused and smoked it out before it dried up. 
  • In the inner corners and inner third of the upper and lower lid, I applied Urban Decay eyeshadow in Half Baked. 
  • On the entire black area of the lid, I applied Creep eyeshadow in a patting motion and smudged and blended the harsh line. With a crease brush I applied Hustle + Creep in the entire crease - right upto the inner crease. 
  • I highlighted the brow bone with Sin eyeshadow from the Naked Palette.
  • To create a transition between the dark smokiness of the eyeshadows and the bright light highlighting shade, I used MAC eyeshadow in Soft Brown in between them.
  • Then I curled her lashes and applied 2-3 coats of Yves Rocher lash plumping mascara in Black to get gorgeous shiny lashes.
  • After the entire eye makeup was done, I stuck Uroparis False lashes in no.55 and then to amp them up I applied NYX Candy Glitter liner in Disco Queen.
  • I generally don't have any fallouts and if I get them I use a fan brush with some translucent powder over it to dust the eye area.
LIPS
  • I prepped the lips with Kryolan Lip Stain in Jazz which is a funky milky peach color. I blended it with my fingers to get a stain.
  • Then I used my favorite Bourjois Rose Precieux Lip liner to line and fill the lips.
  • Then I added MAC Lipstick in Kinda Sexy in the centre to add dimensions and create a peachy nude fleshy lip.
This is all. Phew!! A huge descriptive post but I think its totally worth it. Do let me know how to found the post. Also do try out the look and share your pics too.

Thanks a lot!!!

Have a lovely day ahead......

No comments:

Post a Comment